LEFT HANDED POETS CORNER

A sharing of daily poetry by this left-handed Norske.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

ARMY MIKE

ARMY MIKE


Today I met, a mighty man,
Serving his country, guarding our land,
Army Mike is about to leave,
For Iraq, for duty, overseas.

Army Mike, has my respect,
For giving his all, in my stead,
He protects both me and my family,
Puts his life on the line, to keep us free.

Army Mike, will go to Iraq,
His Army Unit, departs in two weeks,
While I go golfing, in southern climes,
He marches into battle, with God by his side.

Army Mike, is my hero today,
Yes, Kirby Puckett, got a lot of play,
If programs are held, to honor the best,
Army Mike, would be my choice.

May our prayers go with you, Army Mike as you go,
Far overseas, to battles unknown,
Our prayer is that you, will return someday,
So we can thank you again, for your valiant ways.

May God bless and keep you, Army Mike Paton!
You make us proud!


(A neighbor of his dad, Tom Bertrand)
Neil Lillo
March 13, 2006

I urge all his family and friends to pray for Mike until his return!
The Lord will send angels to be by his side every day—this I believe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home